Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - Christopher
Afternoon all.

In recent months I have replaced all four tyres on my Renault Clio 1.5dci. Wheel size 185/55/r15. v rating. I was using Goodyear Eagle F1 GSd2. Superb tyre, good grip in wet and covered astronomical miles in. I therefore put four more of the same on.
To date, the steering wheel seems a little out as does the tracking. I seem to be steering to the left when going straight ahead. I have taken them to Kwik Fit and they balanced all wheels but also told me that I had had a collision with one of the front wheels so put it on the the back. I disagree with this but hey.
Can anyone tell me why the steering wheel is never straight when you are going straight and is the tracking/balance seems to be off set. The same tyres were put on this time and problems were never there in the past. I have also had the rear shock absorbers replaced but can't think why this should matter. Any views would be greatfully received.
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - piston power
id ask them to check the wheel alignment again, it seems they have adjuted one track rod too much and it is pulling to the left hence your steering wheel been offset,
as for the wheel been buckled hope you didn't leave the car with them and one of the boy racer mechanics took it for a spin and bumped the wheel?? it happened to a friend of mine with a different fast fit place!!
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - markengland
Get the tracking double-checked, even if it means going somewhere else if the original place say its OK. I recently got 4 new tyres fitted, including balancing and tracking by a local independent garage. After about a week I took the car back as the wheels were juddering, especially under braking, and the steering was pulling badly, despite them having just done the tracking and balancing. They checked everything again, made a few minor adjustments and said that was all they could do, and all they were willing to do! Car was better but still not right, so took it into local Kwik Fit who showed me just how much the balancing and tracking was out - I couldn't believe it. So moral of my long-winded story is - even if someone says they've done something and it doesn't feel like they have, get it checked!
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - Group B
I had a similar situation to markengland. Got 4 new tyres fitted at a back street cheap place, for a very good price. But got serious wobble at 75-80mph. So took it back to the same place to re-balance the fronts; was told "yes, sorry they were out". But then still got wobble, but at 55-60mph and under engine load. It was not as bad so it took me a while to get round to getting them balanced again.
I recently took it to a Formula One Autocentre (recommended on here) to get them balanced again, and they said they were miles out!
Its now vibration free, but the surprising bit is I'm getting about 2.5mpg better fuel consumption now the wobble has gone. (I thought the loss of consumption was due to winter diesel, didnt think wheel balance would make so much difference).
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - jc2
I've used Formula 1 many times for exhaust and tyres-excellent.
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - L'escargot
Get the opinion of a Renault dealer.
--
L\'escargot.
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - bell boy
you need to check the nuts on the track rod ends NOW they should be tight and have a nyloc bit in the middle doing the business

now............

--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Clio - Tyres replaced / problems - bell boy
you really need to feed back on this one please
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"