Eceptionally low milage - Estrada
I am thinking about buying a second car,details:

August 04
Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 A/T V8 5.4 Litre
2,000 Klms
Used occasionally during visits. The car is parket under cover and engine started every 2weeks with A/C operating etc for a good half hour. Last time it was moved was january this year.
It was serviced 1000Km and 1500Km and last December 05 (oil/filter change)

I believe the Klms to be genuine as it is an Expat who bought the car then had to relocate.He is now trying to cut his losses.The car was approx 25/26K new and i was thinking of offering 15/16K.
I know virtually nothing about V8's and A/T and the effects of such a low milage over 20 months could have.Any advice would be welcome.
I am budgeting for new tyres/discs/full service but wonder if there are any other items which may need attention.

Thanks for any replies,

Estrada
Eceptionally low milage - Collos25
I very much doubt if you will need to replace any parts and the vehicle will probably outlive you.I am a Chevy man myself and keep a Camaro in Germany for summer when I am home its done only 20K kms in 5 years and everthing is in order.The fuel consumption on these Expeditions will make you cry between 10 and 15 mpg but what a lovely motor.
Eceptionally low milage - nutty_nissan
BUY IT! Just watch out for front wheels, they get exceptionally dirty very quickly from all that brake dust. Expeditions are superb for towing too ;-)
Eceptionally low milage - blue_haddock
Looks over priced to me - these things have abysmal residual values, there was a similar one on te apprentice programme a couple of weeks back and at 6 or 7 years old they only offered him £3k for it. No one wants things like this anymore.

Also watch out for things like perished tyres and brake lines - standing still does them no good.
Eceptionally low milage - bell boy
get an inspection and a full hpi report before you even consider an offer.
As already said ring a few dealers with the spec and see what they would offer you for it (pretend its yours etc) base your offer price on that figure plus an extra kicking as you are a buyer that actually wants it in a sea of cars that cant find homes (ie guzzlers)
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Eceptionally low milage - Truckosaurus
Looks over priced to me - these things have abysmal residual
values, there was a similar one on te apprentice programme a
couple of weeks back and at 6 or 7 years old
they only offered him £3k for it. No one wants things
like this anymore.
Also watch out for things like perished tyres and brake lines
- standing still does them no good.

>>

That was an Explorer, this is a much larger Excursion, which was never official imported to the UK.
Eceptionally low milage - blue_haddock
That was an Explorer, this is a much larger Excursion, which
was never official imported to the UK.

In that case it's even worse - an imported left hand drive gas guzzler is not worth much at all.
Eceptionally low milage - SjB {P}
www.edmunds.com/new/research/ford/excursion.html
Eceptionally low milage - nutty_nissan
A quote off the web, from a US woman that bought an Expedition EL - EL=extended length(note, the expedition EL is gigantic (seats 9 adults)

"I am thrilled that Ford has come out with something that will replace the size of the Excursion. With children and everyday activities with practices, my expedition never seems to have enough room for storage. The power folding rear seat is also a plus. I thought I was going to have to switch to a GM product to get the size I need. Thank you Ford! I'm a very happy mom in Arkansas."
Eceptionally low milage - Nsar
There's a very smutty response to that but I won't and instead just chuckle to myself!
Eceptionally low milage - Estrada
Thank you for the replies.

The vehicle is in the Philippines where i live, so fuel costs are quite low, 45 pence a litre.
I was going to use it for towing a boat, and need at least 7 seats which is the main reason for buying something this size.
I will be veiwing the vehicle second week in May(at work in Kazakhstan now)and will make an offer.

Estrada
Eceptionally low milage - L'escargot
The brake discs may be very rusty and in need of replacement (together with the pads) but if you buy the vehicle it would be worth running it for a while to see how good they clean up with use before deciding what to do about them. I don't suppose you need telling to drive with caution until you know what the brakes are like!
--
L\'escargot.