Motorcycle air filter - Quinny
This may seem like a dumb question,but I'm going to ask it anyhow......

I'm looking for one of those motorcycle air filters,that are about 15"-18" long,by about 8" wide,and are made of sponge.They have a base,that you cut the holes yourself,depending on the type of carburettor,they're going on.

The reason I'm looking for one?

I have a pair of DCNF carbs on my Citroen AX Autograss car,and because I'm limited for space under the bonnet,I think one of these air filters will fit,without the need for bulkhead modifications.

I currently have a brand new pair of K&N lookalikes,but as they are for a VW Beetle,they're just a little too thin,and may restrict the air flow.

I've looked on Fleabay,but as I don't know what they're proper name is,or what type of bike they come from,I might as well be urinating in the wind.Once I know what I'm looking for,I'll contatct a motorcycle shop,and see what they going to rob me of,cash wise.

Motorcycle air filter - Robin Reliant
Sounds like what I've got on my Suzuki (GSX). I don't know what the dimensions are, but lenght wise it would be somewhere round what you want.

Most bike shops are fairly helpful with technical questions, and as far as I can recall mine was well under a tenner.