front bumper been damaged - pinky_786
some idiot reversed into me and damaged my front bumper. need to get it replaced, insurance has said i need to pay for it and then they will claim it back for me. so i need to shop around for quotes! also any ideas at how much it would cost to replace a front bumper for a 2001 corsa? also im covered fully comp so it doesnt really make sense to me that i have to pay for it first and then they chase the claim up and give me the money especially as it is not my fault!
front bumper been damaged - mostyn
I think that you should chase your insurance company up and make them work for their money.It was not your fault so why should you have to put yoursef out one bit.
thats what i was thinking it doesnt make sense.
front bumper been damaged - adverse camber
Why use insurance - unless you know who hit you ?

If you dont know who hit you then you will loose your ncd for a minor bump. In fact you probably already have because you have informed them of the damage. How much is a bumper on a 5 yr old corsa ? Unless it was a big bump and has damaged panels as well I would just get a used replacement in the same colour.
front bumper been damaged - Aprilia
Insurance is increasingly becoming a waste of time for minor damage. It would be a lot cheaper to source a s/hand bumper of the right colour and get a local garage to fit it.
I expect that your NCD will be reduced and premium will go up - other companies will not want to quote etc etc.

Yesterday I was trying to get quotes for my house buildings insurance. I had a minor claim two years ago (couple of hundred pounds due to storm damage). About 50% of insurers would not even offer me a quote (any claim in last five years means you are 'high risk' to some companies). Others did quote, but with high premium. It seems that most insurers only want customers that don't claim.
In many many years of having various insurances I have only claimed for two windscreens, one minor accident damage (full recovery made) and two household claims (wife dropped a video recorder 10 years ago - £150 - and £200 storm damage 2 years ago). It still seems that I have a 'bad claims history' (words of major insurance co.) for house insurance.
In the last two years I have effectively 'paid back' the cost of my storm damage claim through increased premiums. I should have just paid for the damage out of my own pocket.
front bumper been damaged - Statistical outlier
In the last two years I have effectively 'paid back' the
cost of my storm damage claim through increased premiums. I
should have just paid for the damage out of my own
pocket.

Which is precisely what they want you to do.
i do know who hit me i got his registeration number down, name, mobile number and which insurance he is with!
front bumper been damaged - Stuartli
Then, in that case, if you do lose part of your NCD you can claim it back through his insurance company.

But I don't see why you would as you have all the necessary information for your own insurance company - that's something to be thankful for in the first place.

On the rare occasions I have had to claim on my insurance for damage to a vehicle (never caused by me but other members of the family!) I've had to pay, at the minimum, the excess figure on collection.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
front bumper been damaged - markengland
Shame you've involved your own insurers already - you could have used someone like HelpHire www.helphire.co.uk. They help anyone who has had an accident which wasn't their fault. It costs you £10 and they sort everything out for you, they even give you a courtesy car whilst yours is in for repair which they bill the 3rd party's insurers for (which is where they make their money). I used them years ago when someone stuffed into the back of me and they were excellent. Didn't affect my insurance one bit.