Corsa Warm Start Problem - wjh
Hello,

2002(02) Corsa 1389cc Auto.
The problem occurs when the engine is warm and is switched off for short to medium periods of time, ie. petrol station, this afternoon it occured after a 45 minute shopping trip. The car will struggle to start and probably will not unless given a lot of gas, the engine sounds like it is going to turn over but struggles to and when it eventually does (sometimes 3 or 4 goes)it runs like a dream. It is possible to get it to start on the first go if you get it right with the gas but even then you can hear it struggling. This does not happen all the time, but its getting increasingly more frequent recently.

Any ideas? Some sort of sensor?

Many thanks.
help please getting steadily worse.
Corsa Warm Start Problem - bell boy
get its bumps read at a good independant garage,it has been regularly serviced i assume?
sorry best offer tonight, not?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Corsa Warm Start Problem - Civic8
>>the engine sounds like it is going to turn over but struggles to and when it eventually does

Sure its not a lazy starter motor,turns very slow to start then speeds up enough to start?
--
Steve
Corsa Warm Start Problem - slowdown avenue
try turning ignition key back fully, wait a few seconds try again. works for my corsa
Corsa Warm Start Problem - wemyss
It struggles to turn over.........Sounds as if the battery isn't up to the job.
no - battery and starter are fine, when i say it struggles to turn over thats probably not the best description - the starter is going but the engine is struggling to cartch, if you know what i mean.

yes its been regularly serviced.
Corsa Warm Start Problem - jc2
I had similar problems but not on a Corsa;fitted a new coil and it went away.Bigger,better sparks!!
Corsa Warm Start Problem - Dynamic Dave
fitted a newcoil and it went away.

Corsa has a coil pack, rather than just one coil.

wjh, have you got any ecu lights coming on?
Corsa Warm Start Problem - jc2
The vehicle I fitted it to had a coil pack tho' I said coil!!!
Corsa Warm Start Problem - Dynamic Dave
The vehicle I fitted it to had a coil pack tho' I said coil!!!

Ah, thought you meant coil as in the coil that connects to the distributor via the king lead.
Corsa Warm Start Problem - Civlian
I had a Corsa until 1999 and this would not re-start when cold. Turned out to be the oxygen sensor - but it took 3years and 6 visits to Vauxhall garages before it was diagnosed!
Basically, the fuel mixture was far too rich.
Corsa Warm Start Problem - bursty
I recently experienced this problem with my 03 Astra. My problem was the Throttle Response Valve. I left mine with this problem through most of the winter and one morning I filled up with fuel my car started but my ABS, Traction Control and Throttle had given up the ghost.

It has been repaired under warranty and I was told it was one of those many common faults with vauxhall!