vw polo 1983 formal e classic saloon - mophead
Hi wonder if any off you nice people could help me my gearbox was making a crunchin noise and there was a lot fluid leekin out of the car now i cant get the car in gear.... i dont have a lot of cash to buy a new car is it worth gettin it done i dont realy know what the problem with it is could it be the clutch or the gear box?....
vw polo 1983 formal e classic saloon - bell boy
car has cable clutch
if fluid cleaner than oil then could be gearbox oil but two not normally linked on this motor.
suggest get professionel free opinion at local independant trusted garage.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
vw polo 1983 formal e classic saloon - Peter D
Very vague. This could be a main crankshaft oil seal leak and the clutch has benn polluted and dragging. Was the crunching noise happening just when you put it in gear or when you where driving along. It could be a failed drive shaft seal and you have run the gear box low. Find out what oil it is either by colour of smell the gearbox was Hypoid 80 and smells. The engine oil is probably darker. More information required. Regards Peter
vw polo 1983 formal e classic saloon - Roberson
if fluid cleaner than oil then could be gearbox oil but
two not normally linked on this motor.

From what I understand, these gearboxes (not Formel E, but 75-94 as a whole) are prone to a bit oil loss. But I think this is more of a gradual loss during driving as apposed to a sudden hemorrhage that you'll notice on your drive, but I stand to be corrected.