Duplicate tax discs, confused - Monkeycage
Hi all,

I noticed last week that a carpet dealer who has parking next to my office has a copy of the tax disc from his high-top transit on his BMW 540 !!!!!!!

What is the likelihood of him getting picked up routinely for this offence, or should I give somebody a pointer ???

Not really my thing but if 99% of us have to pay then why shouldn't he ???
Duplicate tax discs, confused - Dynamic Dave
Providing the vehicle is registered to him, to quote from the DVLA website:

"DVLA carries out a computer check each month to identify those vehicles without a valid tax disc.... "

www.dvla.gov.uk/newrules/car_tax.htm

Alternately report it via

www.dvla.gov.uk/public/unlic_veh/unlicenced.htm
Duplicate tax discs, confused - Dwight Van Driver
Report it to Bib.

This is a CRIME - Fraudulent use of an Excise Licence S 44 VERA 94.
Summary max fine of £5000
Crown Court 2 yrs imp or fine or both.

dvd
What if I'd changed the names to protect the innocent and it was actually my next-door neighbour, and I have moved in in the last month ????
Duplicate tax discs, confused - greenhey
No contest. report him.
If someone fails to remember to tax the car, that's one thing .But when they are cynical enough to do that, the hell with them.
Apparently this is a growing problem- with the quality of scanners and printers these days it's getting easier to produce stuff like this which seems Ok at first glance
Duplicate tax discs, confused - Bill Payer
10-1 he won't have insurance either. That's the usual reason people don't re-tax their cars.
Duplicate tax discs, confused - Carse
Or worst still no MOT
It gets worse, noticed his wife's car last night, yep, you guessed it, according to the tax disc it's also a Transit !!!!
Duplicate tax discs, confused - Armitage Shanks {p}
Don't tell us, although it is interesting to see what pond life there is out there, tell DVLA!
Duplicate tax discs, confused - bell boy
there is a direct link on the dvla website for notifying this kind of fraud please use it and report where the cars are and what time they are parked up etc .Why should we pay our road taxes while others dont and as said you usually find that non road fund licences are usually run with no insurance and no mot and are usually used in petty crimes as well
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Duplicate tax discs, confused - Dynamic Dave
there is a direct link on the dvla website for notifying this kind of fraud

I posted it further up this thread.