engine chugging - kiff
Hi,

Having a few problems with my micra recently. When i drive off when the engine is cold it runs ok and doesnt chug/jerk. I can drive for more than an hour before the problems start. But as soon as i stop for more than a few minutes and leave the engine running (or turn the engine off for that matter), and then drive away, the car starts chugging/jerking quite bad. Ive recently had it serviced and tuned but that hasnt cured it. Ive been told it could be the throttle body housing. Does anyone know if this could be the problem?? Different people ive taken it to are telling me differnt things, ive been told it could be the timing chain, as well as a something else i cant remember at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/01/2008 at 15:38

93 nissan micra engine chugging - Collos25
I think you can discount timing belt,it could be the throttle body but it could also be a number of other thinks.
93 nissan micra engine chugging - SaabFanatic
Does indeed sound like it could be the throttle body - these people might be able to clarify:

www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?D...5

(ask them about test-hiring one to eliminate the throttle body as the cause)

Possible DIY fix here:

www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles...p

Good luck, let us know how you get on.
93 nissan micra engine chugging - edlithgow
Does indeed sound like it could be the throttle body - these people might be able to clarify: www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?D...5 (ask them about test-hiring one to eliminate the throttle body as the cause) Possible DIY fix here: www.micra.com.au/information/nissan-micra-articles...p Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Second link gave me a 404 error.

Searching found this

www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/cg13de-throttl...f

Same, just slightly different URL

engine chugging - Naomi8888

Hi I have a 2003 micra and have the same problem have had it serviced and checked multiple times with no upcoming problems have found that it has a wear on the spark plugs so make sure you check them but as you probably know micra have a tennancy to have problems with engine coldness so I have just put it down to that as it only seems to happen in mine on a cold day or if I haven't used my car in a few days, also I don't know if you also have this problem but a squeaking often happens in conjuction to the chugging sometimes and have found this is just down to the clutch control slipping whilst in 1st to 2nd gear I've been told also this is just a common thing with old micras and you just have to find the nack to it and try stay out of 1st gear as much as possible (strange I know) hope this helps a little.