cheap insurance with no NCB - nathnamdo
I have held a license for over 10 years with no history of accidents or traffic violations (except parking infringements). However I have not owned a car for the last 4 years and am now looking into buying one. Does anyone know of an insurance company that provides cheap insurance for experience drivers without a NCB?
cheap insurance with no NCB - Falkirk Bairn
When you say you have no NCB?

Have you had a company car or have you not driven?

If you had a company car a letter from your employer can satisfy some Ins Co and they will give you an at least an intro NCB.

If you are a named driver on a Direct Line Policy they would give you an NCB based on being on one of their other policies.
Let me start again. I have been driving since 1992 to 2002 in Australia and got a 60% NCB. In 2002 I emigrated to the UK and since I arrived in London I have been using public transport. I rent the odd car (maybe 3 or 4 weeks a year) on holidays in the UK and around Europe. I have been told but all the insurance companies I have called up that since it has been more than 3 years since I held a NCB, I would not be entitled to recieve a NCB from them.
cheap insurance with no NCB - Big Bad Dave
When I enquired a while back after struggling to find an insurance company that would honour NCD from abroad, someone suggested Norwich Union as they were offering introductory discounts.

The saving was substantial, in the region of a grand I seem to remember.
cheap insurance with no NCB - daveyjp
Tescos and Liverpool and Victoria were both competetive when my wife required her own insurance after having been on my policy for three years.
Thanks for the suggestions guys but the best quote I have had so far is still from directline.