MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - Tmack
I've been told by the garage that my 2000 Golf Gt TDi needs a new MAF sensor (regulates the air or fuel going into the engine). Does anyone know if this is easily doable? Also reasons why it'd need a new one?

Also been told it needs a new Rear Axel Beam, is it normal for this just to wear down or would it have taken a knock to do it does anyone know.

cheers
MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - Collos25
Changing the maf is childs play ,axle beams go normally when maintainance has not been carried out most famous are Alfa 156 rear ends.I would sit down before they give you the costs.
MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - 659FBE
Out of interest, what maintenance is possible on a VW rear axle beam? I'm not familiar with these vehicles but might get a Skoda Octavia one day.

MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Sounds like impact damage to rear axle beam.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - steveo3002
the only reasons it would need a rear beam/axle is bad rust(doubt it very much) or crash damage, i.e hitting a kerb hard

are you sure they dont mean axle bushes? these can wear at high miles

are you having handling problems or uneven tyre wear at the rear?
MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - Editor
hmm, my golf mk3 has, apparently, worn rear axle bushes-about 140k miles. Do I really need to worry about this-doesn't drive any differently? Replacement of these tuppeny parts is a by all accounts a bit of a pig. Involves removing the braking proportioning regulator thing, which usually breaks & is about £100+ to replace. That's before we even talk about labour
--
www.bayingbasset.com

MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - steveo3002
its a stinker of a job alright..£150 is about average to do it

eventualy you will get funny handling and clonks from the rear, along with uneven tyre wear
MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - Collos25
And then you will need a new axle due to the damage caused.
MAF Sensor on Golf + Rear Axel Beam - Editor
receieved & understood. Thank you very much.
--
www.bayingbasset.com