VW Polo 1.6CL Engine Problem - kennybase
Hi all,

Over the last week, my car has been behaving in a not so well fashion.

The problem first came up on the M25 cruising at 70mph, 5th gear, 3500rpm. All of a sudden, the engine felt like it was braking, then as quickly as it happend, it went back to normal. Made it back to Brighton from there no problems - temperatures fine, water level fine, oil fine.

Then last night driving along Brighton sea front, 30mph, 3rd gear, about 2800rpm, and the same thing happend.

Any ideas what it could be? The brakes are due a change, but I would be seriously suspicious if they have some kind of warning system on them that activates them for a millisecond (which is the feeling it gives).

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, its a 1997 saloon model with the 100bhp engine.
VW Polo 1.6CL Engine Problem - bell boy
one way valve on servo pipe faulty?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Thanks for the reply.

Your response goes past my knowledge now - is that the brake servo you're talking about? Another thing that I have noticed recently is, if I brake hardish then there is a sort of a drone sound, but it doesn't happen everytime! I had put this down to the brake pads getting down to a near replacement level (was going to do in March) but could it be related then?
VW Polo 1.6CL Engine Problem - womble

Hello

It might be worth checking the Servo pipe as VW had a safety recall to repair this on the Polo. The ends of the plastic pipe were replaced with short pieces of rubber hose,due to cracks appearing.
I'm sure your local dealer may be able to advise if this needs doing.