Headlight bulbs - vw polo estate - gramar
My car headlight bulbs aren't very bright - originals as far as I know. Car is VW POLO ESTATE 99 T reg. Checked sidelight beams yesterday, they're very brown.

Problem with dipped beam especially not putting out a lot of light. Alternator is OK. Battery is original and OK. No faults I'm aware of and the car went straight through the MOT test last week. Anyone ideas?? should I fit replacement bulbs??
Headlight bulbs - vw polo estate - chirpy
yes you should
Headlight bulbs - vw polo estate - bell boy
yes you should

chirpy will they be cheap cheap?.........sorry:(
as said change the bulbs i find those headlights acceptable for everyday use in fact i thought they were quite good.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Headlight bulbs - vw polo estate - Chas{P}
First of all check the condition of the headlamp reflectors - they should be corrosion free and silver.

Secondly headlamp alignment should be checked - this is done on a MoT as well as checking the reflectors.

Your headlamp bulbs will get dimmer with age and therefore replacement bulbs will help as long as the first two points I have made are OK.

There are bulbs available that, for the same wattage, are 30% to 50% brighter and are legal.

When shopping for bulbs make sure that they are 'E' marked to be legal. Upon examining the E mark there will be different E numbers. E1 is for Germany which audits manufacturers annually to make sure that bulb quality and performance is maintained. Tests include light output, optical alignment, the gas the bulb is filled with, etc, etc. Other cheaper volume bulb producers products are likely to be E13 (Luxembourg) marked that only tests one batch of bulbs once to less rigorous standards to get that marking.

So when you are choosing bulbs it's always best to weigh up the cost as well as which E mark they carry.

HTH

--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.
Headlight bulbs - vw polo estate - Chas{P}
Oh and one other thing. Your car should have the Type 472 H4 55/60watt bulbs fitted.

--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.