vauxhall vectra power steering fluid - bakesty
dont know if anyone can help me but all my power steering fluid has leaked out, the car is going back to the garage under warrenty but as i drive for a living i need a quick fix until it does is there anything i can substute for the fluid or if not which do i need.
thanks any help is appreciated.
vauxhall vectra power steering fluid - vista1200
Hi Mate

This happened on my 1999 V plate petrol SRI resulting in very noisy pump at full lock. I was able to pick up replacement fluid at my local A1 motor store also available at halfords that kind of thing. You cant cheat on the type of oil though you must get the one specified, if i remember rightly it's written on the cap of the reservoir.

Cheers Rich
vauxhall vectra power steering fluid - Dynamic Dave
i need a quick fix until it does

Depends on how big the leak is. You don't want to be stopping every 5 mins to top up again. Another thing to consider is the environmental damage caused by your car dripping p/s fluid everywhere, not to mention component damage by running the system dry.
vauxhall vectra power steering fluid - defender
think of the danger you cause by leaving spots of oil at traffic light,junctions etc where you sit with engine running,maybe not much but it could cause the skid responsible for an accident
actually type of oil used is not that critical if it has an anti frothing agent and a thicker oil can be used as a temp repair untill fixing properly and a refill with correct grade

you can get an additive to put in which swells the seals untill you change them if it is a seal leaking
as a last resort you can take the belt of steering pump ,drain the oil and loosen both pipes on the steering rack to return it to manual steering untill you can fix the leak
vauxhall vectra power steering fluid - defender
meant to add that under warranty best option would be the stop leak to swell the seals
vauxhall vectra power steering fluid - Railroad.
You don't say what year the car is but I've found a few Vectra's where the feed or return banjo bolt on the steering rack had worked loose, and hence the reason for the lost fluid.

Re-tightening the bolt has cured the leak on every occasion so far...