No power from Astra 1.6 16v w reg - Captain Magoo
the engine in my 1.6 16v astra seems to have a problem, when in gear there seems to be no power. You can floor the accelerator and it won't go anywhere, or suddenly jumps, couldn't get it above 40mph. There's no problem when in it's not in gear, revs freely with no lumpyness, and it's ticking over nicely at about 800rpm. Before I take it off to the garage, anybody got any ideas?
No power from Astra 1.6 16v w reg - Screwloose
Capt'n Magoo

An Astra favorite is a blocked rear tail pipe. They fracture internally and the loose wadding blocks the flow. Have a listen for hissing when someone else revs it. A failed cat or air flow meter can do it too.
Thanks, I'll give it a go when I get home. If anybody has any other ideas I'd still be interested.
No power from Astra 1.6 16v w reg - Carrow
They also suffer from coil pack failure, Vaux no 19005212. Don't know if symptons are same as you suggest though.
No power from Astra 1.6 16v w reg - Thinline
Sounds like the DIS pack? Vauxhall dealer about £200 inc vat
No power from Astra 1.6 16v w reg - bell boy
im with screwloose anything else should really put the engine management light on,didnt know this was a problem on astra"s though, but the being able to rev up with no load seems to fit the bill (small as well) nicely
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
New exhaust being fitted this afternoon, coil pack ordered from ebay for £60, just to be safe and have a spare even if it's not needed, a bit of a saving over VX. Although my usually good garage did almost make a mistake by not checking the car moving, only on the ramps where it didn't show problem.