New car - not got the V5 - how do i tax? - Jase
Hello Again,

I've just bought an ex company car from my big PLC. The dept dealing with this have not yet managed to get the V5 from the leasing company, however I have to get it taxed in a couple of weeks.

HOw might I do this given that the DVLA won't have processed the change of ownership in time and therefore won't send the tax renewal form to the right place? What doc's do I actually need to tax a car?

Thanks (again) everyone
from Jase
New car - not got the V5 - how do i tax? - Mapmaker
Do you not have the little bit of the V5 that provides temporary evidence to a new owner?
New car - not got the V5 - how do i tax? - Dwight Van Driver
www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/vehlicnc.htm

from which you will see it is far better that they send you the V5 sale bit asap. By not doing so they are flouting the law.

dvd
Thanks DVD. I will chase tomorrow. Bit ridiculous of i) me not to ensure I got it when I took the car and ii) unforgiveable for a big PLC not to have got it in 7 working days!
New car - not got the V5 - how do i tax? - Collos25
The vaugeries of the British system will still allow you to tax it at a post office if you have the MOT(if needed) and an insurance certificate.
I have the little slip from the bottom of the V5 now.
Apparently the leasing company have sent the rest of the V5 off. However, I haven't signed any bit of it so I don't know how that works! I believe the buyer AND the seller are supposed to sign section 8 (according to the back of the little slip bit I've got anyway)