Ford Mondeo Door lock - spikeyhead {p}
I've got to "retumble" a door lock on my 97 mondeo. I've had the key number read by two garages and they've both come up with the same number. The key isn't worn.

When I assemble the tumblers into teh lock, putting the pin into the side after the first tumbler, putting shims between each tumbler, then I find that I can only get teh key in as far as the first two tumblers and then it stops.

What am I doing wrong? any tips would be appreciated. I do know that there are two types of shim in the kit, four of type A and one of type B. Shold the type B shim be put in after the first tumbler or before the last.

--
I read often, only post occasionally
Ford Mondeo Door lock - trymybest
hi,when you build the lock make sure the tumblers are all facing the right way up. THe easiest way is to check the cutout on the tumblers for the roll pins line up with the smaller cutout on the inner barrel.the wavy shim goes between the fifth & sixth tumbler. Hope this is of help to you.
Ford Mondeo Door lock - spikeyhead {p}
Sorted, the issue was with one of the new supplied tumblers, used one of the old ones in one position and it works fine.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Ford Mondeo Door lock - bell boy
that sounds very sensible trymybest will check this myself next time i do one as i sometimes stumble on these.