Flat battery no restart Rover 414 - reevsie
Wife left lights on in car in station car park. Tried to jump start it but the key fob doesnt work so wont deactivate the immobiliser. Any ideas. It is a factory alrm / immobiliser, i have got a very unimpressed wife who is 50 miles from home.
Flat battery no restart Rover 414 - Peter D
Break down service or a jump start from another car owner. Regards Peter
Flat battery no restart Rover 414 - Civic8
May not work anyway if the battery level is too low,is it being jumped from another car or a booster pack?.if the later you dont stand much chance of getting it to work,if using another car leave jump leads on with donor car running for about 10mins then try the fob
--
Steve
Flat battery no restart Rover 414 - Civic8
PS which lights were left on and for how long?
--
Steve
flat battery no restart rover 414 - spikeyhead {p}
you'll need to connect a set of jump leads, then lock the car to reset the immobiliser. After that, you may have a chance.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
flat battery no restart rover 414 - reevsie
all sorted, theres a procedure you need to do with the key to manually overide the immobiliser. with haynes manual in hand i talked through the procedure over the phone to deactivate it. Then the aa man came and jump started it, wife now happier!
flat battery no restart rover 414 - Civic8
Emergency key access code,I didnt mention it as some people dont have it ie code,glad its sorted-but which lights were left on?
--
Steve
I think the side lights were left on. The warning buzzer doesnt work (part of the mfu i think). Considering the car is 10 years old I am suprised it still had the access code card in the handbook. Normally things like that tend to go missing over the years.
its not had the head gasket done either which is quite unusual for a Rover.