Insurance advice requested - greenhey
I have 75% NCD , protected .The protection allows 2 claims in 5 years.
Some *** smashed my window last week and the damage to the door mechanism incurred means the matter is not covered by the glass cover.
So I have to weigh up, when the job is estimated, whether to claim. If I do I have £100 to pay.
But then I will have 1 "life" left in my protection.
My question is:
If you have 75% NCD and make one claim, and are not protected, is your NCD "zeroed" or do you drop to the next NCD level down- 60% of whatever it is?
Insurance advice requested - adverse camber
I think that the key point isnt the ncd level (which I think drops by 2 years) but the loading they will apply to the premium after a claim.
Insurance advice requested - martint123
Not forgetting the excess, which may make a claim uneconmical anyway.
Insurance advice requested - No FM2R
It depends between insurers, but it would be typical for your NCD, if unprotected, to drop back two years.

Do bear in mind that this is two years from the maximum. So if the company's maximum is 6 years, you would drop back to 4 - even if you felt you had 28 gizzillion years.

Do check with your own insurer though because it does vary - favourably and unfavourably.
Insurance advice requested - bell boy
you dont say what vehicle? can i suggest that unless its something unusual you consider getting the glass and internal fittings needed (is it a cassette type windw winder mechanism) and getting a local independant garage to fit them if you dont feel competant,as in the longer run this may well turn out a cheaper option and you dont need to advise your insurer