Insurance No Claims Bonus - wakanut
Hi Im new to Honest John but so far so good looks a very good site.

I wonder how long No claims Bonus lasts if I no longer insure a vehicle.

My mother has a motability car and has me as a named driver so I dont really need to keep my car anymore but was worried i may loose my hard earned No Claims bonus,

Maybe I will need my own vehicle again in the near future and didnt want to start from scratch again?
Insurance No Claims Bonus - martint123
It varies with the insurer you will be starting off with.
Some will only recognise 'unused' NCD for 6 months, whereas some seem to accept from two years ago.

You may have seen the TV adverts where Direct Line will count years as a named driver as NCD. Snag being you have to be with Direct Line for both being named driver and taking their insurance at a later date.

Martin
Insurance No Claims Bonus - daveyjp
Liverpool Victoria will keep the NCB 'open' for three years.
Insurance No Claims Bonus - Timaru

"My mother has a motability car and has me as a named driver so I dont really need to keep my car anymore"

Remember you can only use your mother's Motabillity car if she is in it or you are on her business. The criteria are even stricter if she does not pay road tax.
Insurance No Claims Bonus - mare
"My mother has a motability car and has me as a
named driver so I dont really need to keep my car
anymore"
Remember you can only use your mother's Motabillity car if she is in it or you are on her business. The criteria
are even stricter if she does not pay road tax.

Is that true? Not that i'm doubting but i know i know a couple of people who have mobility cars for someone else, and use it as if their own car, so i'd love to know your backup for that statement. I fear that the people concerned don't realise that they're out of order if what you say is correct, so if appropriate i would like to set them straight.

TIA
Insurance No Claims Bonus - Timaru
Ring Motability Operations on 0845 456 4566 and they will confirm what I'm saying is correct.

Also be aware that a named driver (as in insurance) may use the car for the benefit of the disabled person.

Insurance No Claims Bonus - mare
Timaru, ta
Insurance No Claims Bonus - wakanut
Thanks everyone for your help.