406 HDi - constant live - DavidHM
I've recently bought a 99V Peugeot 406 HDi Rapier (no CD player or climate control) with 110k miles.

Mostly the car works fine but it doesn't seem to realise when the ignition is off in that there is always a live feed to the cigarette lighter, the lights on warning buzzer never comes on and the stereo can always be switched on.

This is a problem for me because I don't want to leave my lights on accidentally, and also I have a GPS unit in the car which I only want to be charged when the car is running and not when it's left, as this could run the battery down if left long enough.

Apparently this constant live can be set by swapping around a couple of fuses, but no one I've spoken to seems to know which ones. Any ideas?
406 HDi - constant live - Civic8
I may be totally wrong as I dont know the 406,But wonder if the live feed to radio has been linked to ignition feed(not certain if cig/lighter is on the same circuit as radio)but that maybe the problem..usually done from behind radio/cass

Just a thought
--
Steve
406 HDi - constant live - Editor
Hmm. I had one of these. Ciggy lighter always seems to work (it's french-fumer mandatory..) & the radio has a 20 or so mins of grace after you turn off ignition. Dunno about headlights on buzzer. Pretty sure ours made a fuss if you left them on. Is there a setting in the manual about this? Don't remember there being one on a rapier. Higher spec ones had an auto senser function-i.e you had a setting to enable auto lights on when it became dark enough.

To what point in the electrical system does the GPS contact? If it is the fag lighter, just remove it when you park up? If it's a portable job you surely wouldn't that left on your dash, unattended?

Happy to be corrected by elders & betters, but I don't see a fuse swap having any effect on your live. On the other hand removing one would-it would then make it permanently non-live..
406 HDi - constant live - Altea Ego
In French electronics the Radio will turn off when ignition is turned off, but can always be turned on again with no ignition key.

Manufacturers vary in the way they handle the Ciggy lighter, some always live some only live with ignition on.

The sat nav combo ( if its your PDA one) only takes miliamps and wont flatten your battery.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
406 HDi - constant live - Dynamic Dave
Apparently this constant live can be set by swapping around a couple of fuses,

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember a post about that somewhere on here.
406 HDi - constant live - David Horn
Someone beat me to it - have a peak at the fuse page in your manual. It'll tell you to pull a fuse and move it to the slot to the left or right... can't remember which, sorry. It's definitely possible, though.
406 HDi - constant live - DavidHM
Update on this - I never managed to switch off the constant live to the cigarette lighter and it doesn't bother me.

However I have noticed that the indicators are silent inside the car when I'm signalling, except maybe about 1% of the time, when they work. If they work, the lights on warning buzzer also works.

Obviously I will be checking all connections when I have the chance, but assuming that everything is plugged in the way it should be and the contacts are clean, what is likely to have failed?