Replacement car keys - blackadder
I wonder if I'm the only person that has ever wished he never gave his car key to his 14 month old daughter to play with. Of course, I never saw it again. VW would like me to invest 170 pounds in their company to provide a replacement (it's a remote transponder type fob for a 2002 Touran). The fact that I can't wait to get rid of the Touran has nothing to do with the fact that I object strongly to parting with an amount of money that equates to approximately 45 bottles of lager (I live in Sweden, keys aren't the only expensive thing here). Can anyone suggest an alternative source for these keys? Please don't recommend Auto Electronic Systems Ltd in London because they have already quoted me 155 incl vat. I'm looking to save far more than 15 pounds here.
Replacement car keys - Armitage Shanks {p}
These might help but I don't know at what cost

www.autolocksmiths.net/
Replacement car keys - lordy
sounds like a lesson learnt the hard way.
--
let me be the last to let you down....
Replacement car keys - Bromptonaut
You realise of course that just as the techie finishes installing new transponder daughter will gurgle sweetly and produce key from hiding place?
Replacement car keys - David Horn
Been there, done that, although without the daughter. I coughed up 120 quid to Citroen over the phone and found the key within 5 minutes of getting off the phone.

Of course, by that point they'd placed the order for me, and I reasoned it was worth it to have a spare key.
Replacement car keys - Chris S
If you loose a Nissan key and live in B'ham then give Rock Autos on Alum Rock Road a go. They charge £35 to create a key from the car, or £20 if you just want one copied.

I don't know what equipment they use though!
Replacement car keys - NickS
Just search on ebay.co.uk for 'remote flip keys' or 'vw key. Just got a new one for my golf for £19.50, had the key section cut at a local place, and it programmed by alarmremotes.co.uk (although VW could do this fairly cheaply i would imagine)