Brake pad change - Citroen Xsara - David Horn
Going to get my front pads changed next week as my garage recommended I get them done within 2000 miles. Been ringing around for quotes and they've been so wildly different I'm not sure how much I should be paying.

The fast-fit places quote between 70 and 120 pounds, my local independent 54 pounds, and the one my dad uses 80 pounds. How much should I be looking to pay, in your experience?

From what I thought it's a pretty quick and simple job, so why is it so expensive?
Brake pad change - Collos25
You do not say the make of car but allow twenty pounds for the pads the rest is labour.If your handbrake works of the front pads then it takes a little longer as the pistons have to be screwed back.A normal pad change with correct tackle no more then 1 hour.
Brake pad change - David Horn
It's a Citroen Xsara {Added to subject header - DD}. I'm assuming the handbrake works off the rear drums.
Brake pad change - hm
Yes the HBrake works off the rear drums.....If I was doing at home I would give myself a comfortable 40mins all in.....a garage with hyd lifts and air tools will probably do it in about 30mins.....I would expect to pay anything from £50 to £80.....thats why I do it myself.
Brake pad change - sierraman
Me too,I do a few for neighbours as well,get them their pads at trade and charge them twenty,seems fair.