Zafira 2.0DTi - what's it like? - PW
Am thinking of changing the car. Top choice at the moment is either another Mondeo TDCi or Focus estate, but since the arrival of daughter number 2 3 weeks ago am seriously considering an old shape Zafira.

Daily commute is a 100 mile round trip so would need to be Diesel, problem is the perfomance figures quoted don't look that great. Not overly concerned about top speed mainly in gear acceleration.

PS have considered all other options on cars and this is the definitive shortlist.
Zafira 2.0DTi - what's it like? - SpamCan61 {P}
Make sure you check out HJ's car by car breakdown - the 2.0 DTi Zafira is renowned for high oil consumption if not run in correctly.

If your 100 mile round trip is mostly high speed cruising then I'd look carefully at the total running costs for the diesel versus a 1.8 petrol, I have the latter and it will average 40 mpg on a run. On the other hand if it's mostly stop start driving the diesel is proably the better bet.

I've only driven a 2.0 DTi once and it didn't feel too bad at all, they're not meant as rocket ships after all.

I'd certainly have the Zafira from your shortlist, as discussed here before, fighting a stroppy toddler into or out of a car seat is much less back breaking in an MPV than a low slung estate car.
Zafira 2.0DTi - what's it like? - RichardP
Can't really comment on the Zafira specifically, but I have a 2003 53 reg Astra with the 2.0 DTI engine and have had no issues with the engine. It's pretty quick (ok it's in a lighter car) and I have had no oil usage concerns at all in the 30K miles to date. However the W reg Vectra I had (2.0 DI - very similar engine) did use about 1/3 to 1/2 a litre of oil per thounsand miles.

Zafira 2.0DTi - what's it like? - bikemade3
We have one and to date 11000 miles other than having an oil change has not needed a top up. It uses absolutely no oil. Think that a lot of reports about high oil consumption stem from owners who have not run in in correctly.

First year service cost £99 at VX dealer albeit not my local who wanted £160 for the privelige. We bought one case 2 child seats didn't leave a lot of room in the rear of a Cit ZX.lIt's a lot easier to strap children into the VX than the ZX.

Diesel consumption comes in @ 40 MPG, but as it's the School run car that's not considered to bad.

I am well happy with it, performance isn't exactly sparkling, but if i wanted a fast car then i'ld buy a fast car.
Zafira 2.0DTi - what's it like? - PW
Thanks for all the comments (sorry for late reply been away all weekend with no PC).

Does all sound very positive and think will go for one if can get in right price range. And don't mind getting something a bit slower now as don't really need it to be honest.

Thanks again.