D13 failure to display RFL - looking4car
Some advice needed here .......

My mother has just called. She found a ticket on her car.

D13 - Failure to display road tax

It says there is a £30 penalty

She's checked, and sure enough last year's disk is displayed which expired 30/6/2005.

She did renew road tax in time and has V11 with reciept from post office, but cannot find the tax disc. Presumably she got mixed up and threw the wrong one out.

OK, it's a fair cop, guilty as charged, we'll pay the £30.

I assume the police are aware that the tax has been paid and would have issued a different ticket if they believed the offence was 'failure to pay'. Please confirm this.

Having paid for but misplaced the tax disc , can we get a replacement ? or do we need to pay again for new tax disk ?

Once this £30 is paid, will that be the end of the matter, hopefully no points on license or any such thing ?
D13 failure to display RFL - smokie
I got taken to court for the same offence many years back. Strong mitigating circumstances meant £5 fine and no costs. No points or other lasting effect. (I think this was before Fixed Penalties - 1980s)

May be different now of course.

I'm sure the dvla web site will be able to help you regarding a replacement. ISTR a similar query here, and the DVLA Help Line was v helpful.
D13 failure to display RFL - CQ
V20 Form from the post office,registration document and £7.00 fee, dealt with at local D.V.L.A.office not Swansea.
D13 failure to display RFL - SjB {P}
By the grace of God, I - actually the missus as it was her car, in her name, and she drives it for the vast majority of its usage - got away with this last year; I purchased the new RFL disc in good time and did as I always do, namely tuck it behind the existing one ready for D-Day.

Of course, I clean forgot, and it was only by chance nearly a year later that I noticed.

D13 failure to display RFL - henry k
Once this £30 is paid, will that be the end of the matter, hopefully no points on license or any such thing?

>>
Except of course if you mother continues to drive she risks, if caught, more D13s until the replacement disk is displayed.
D13 failure to display RFL - Dwight Van Driver
If the ticket has just been issued you may wish to consider, on the nothing vetured nothing gained maxim, writing back to the issuing authority that you believe the followng applies:

Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regs 2002:

6. - (1) When a vehicle licence or nil licence has been delivered to the Secretary of State with an application for a replacement licence, no licence need be fixed to and exhibited on the vehicle to which the licence relates until the replacement licence is obtained.

Well you are halfway there in applying for a replacement Licence?

One never knows?????????

dvd
D13 failure to display RFL - looking4car
> V20 Form from the post office,registration document and £7.00 fee, dealt with at local D.V.L.A.office not Swansea

spot on CQ !!

We went to the local DVLA , filled in the V20, handed over £7 and got a new tax disc, bearly 4 hours after the ticket ;-)

No intention of contesting the charge. Life is too short, and as I said we were at fault.