ford fiesta 1996 - noise from front - dave127
Hi there, I am having problems with my girlfriends 1996 ford fiesta. There is a very loud squeaking/grinding noise coming from the front drivers side, the noice sounds like a suspension problem. However the suspension arms have been changed and the coils have been checked but the mechanic is stumped. Has anybody out there had a similiar prooblem and found the answer?

Thanks

dave
ford fiesta 1996 - noise from front - mss1tw
Bearings?
its not a problem that occurs just when rolling more so when you bounce the front end or go over a bump.

dave
Is it more squeaking or more grinding?

I can't really imagine what a grinding squeaking noise is! To me they are totally different!
My apologies, a better description would be a creaking noice the type of noice you would get when a spring was needing oiled. When you push down on the drivers side of the bonnet it creaks and when you get in and out of the car it creaks. ???
Could be shocks/springs or the rubber 'doughnuts' used at the top of the strut. I forget the 'real' name. Top strut bushes or something.
cheers i will have a look at that possibility.

Dave
It's not just the handbrake needing adjusting is it?
ford fiesta 1996 - noise from front - Dynamic Dave
It's not just the handbrake needing adjusting is it?

Noise is at the front. Handbrake is at the rear.
I know, but you know what it's like with trying to track down noises on cars, just thought it worth mentioning...

ford fiesta 1996 - noise from front - Civic8
Sounds like shocks to me
--
Steve
ford fiesta 1996 - noise from front - mfarrow
My car does this creaking sometimes in the summer. Main opinion seems to be toward Waxoyl or rubber lubricant.

Having said that, I didn't notice any noise this summer after first Waxoyl application last September. The rubber lubricant spray didn't work though!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23369&...f

--------------
Mike Farrow
ford fiesta 1996 - noise from front - sierraman
Did it make the noise before the suspension arms were changed?If not get the front on ramps then slacken bush bolts,bounce front a couple of times and torque up the bolts.Otherwise it could be a strut,only cure being replacement.