A4 paint problems feedback - Albert
I previously posted a report of paint lacquer lifting in small circular areas behind the road wheels at low level. I was unable to remove them by scrubbing with a sponge and then applying polish to do the same thing. I also gave it a further wash a week later just prior to taking it to the dealer. I have never failed to remove foreign bodies using polish other than Tar so was quite convinced the paint lacquer had lifted.
Much to my embarrassment when the dealer inspected the "damage" he promptly scrapped it of with his nail! leaving me looking very foolish.
Having recently started to use reading glasses i will in future inspect any "paint damage" with my glasses on.
Re: A4 paint problems feedback - sam
if your eyes are that bad you should not be driving
Re: A4 paint problems feedback - Julian Lindley
Sam,

Albert wrote a courteous note admitting his error. You arrive, and deliver a barrage of insensitive prattle. I sincerely hope that Albert will not be discouraged from providing further contributions.

When you reach a certain age, around 40 - 45, the ability for your eyes to focus on items 50 - 75 cm from your nose deteriorates over time and you are obliged to wear reading glasses. Long vision normally remains unaffected, and this means constantly taking glasses on and off to avoid distorted vision.

Be sympathetic please, time will eventually catch up with you.

Regards,

Julian Lindley
Re: A4 paint problems feedback - markymarkn
Sam,

I've done very similar daft things and I am 20 with practically perfect vision.

Albert's referral to 'putting his glasses on' was a joke.

M.