Smart Volvo Ltd. - anyone used them? - Zaphod
Almost two months ago I ordered a new Volvo V70 from Smart Volvo in Edlesborough, Beds, paid £1,000 deposit by credit card and was given an eight week build time as the car would be a factory order with a few extra goodies such as a sun roof and winter pack.

Smart Volvo are part of the Smart Car group who also sell new Saabs and Fiats, the latter for whom they seem to have a good reputation.

For the past two weeks I've been trying to get a delivery date from them, numerous phone calls have gone unreturned and e-mails un-responded to, I'm beginning to think I've been shafted...

Has anyone used them to supply a new Volvo? If so what was the experience like and how long did it take to deliver?

Comments on what my next move should be would also be appreciated.

Z
Smart Volvo Ltd. - anyone used them? - $till $kint
You may want to read this:

www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=32360

Then again you may not.

It's a rather lengthy thread and there are some people who are pro "Smart" but the long list of those who have been thwarted in their efforts to get the car they ordered makes compelling reading.

On the plus side, everyone I'm aware of who has taken them to court seems to have won their case.
Smart Volvo Ltd. - anyone used them? - BazzaBear {P}
Also, if you do read that, note that most of the 'pro's' have veeeery similar posting styles...