W reg focus 1.8 jittery idle? - Mordroc
Hi,
i have a 1.8 focus w reg and i have a problem that when i am driving slowly in any gear it seems a bit jerky. For example when im driving in traffic in say 2nd at 1500 revs and my foot is either off the accelerator or just touching it is not as smooth as it used to be. Accelerating through the gears it is ok, it's just when pottering round the town.

P.S
The idle when stationary is perfect. it's just when i put my foot on the accelerator a touch.

Thanks
W reg focus 1.8 jittery idle? - AlastairW
Mine (x reg 1.8) does this a bit too, particularly round town. Ime not particularly worried, just interested. Any ideas?
W reg focus 1.8 jittery idle? - Mordroc
I did think that it was the throttle postion sensor so i took it off and gave it a clean with some wd40. Im not sure whether it is any better or not though and i dont want to spend £30 on something that doesn't need fixing :)
W reg focus 1.8 jittery idle? - PatriciaX
I have an R reg Diesel which was doing exactly the same thing - like it wasn't getting enough gas or revs to keep it ticking over enough and it became really jerky when I was creeping along. I was also getting quite high emissions too.

Ford garage fitted a new solanoid and its working lovely now. Mind you, if theres more than one solanoid, I dunno which one it is - they said it was to the do with the fuel delivery system not being directed properly by the programmed system.
W reg focus 1.8 jittery idle? - timp
I have the same problem with my T-reg 1.8 petrol Focus. I even find that lifting off the accelerator and touching it again at 70mph in 5th it jerks. The one thing which made a huge improvement was running it on Shell Optimax. After a few successive tank fulls it barely jerked at all and was generally much smoother.