Toyota MK 1 MR2 Quarrelling wipers - Steptoe
SWMBO returned home the other morning complaining that her wipers had had an argument; easy enough to diagnose, the connecting rod between wheel boxes had dropped off the centre ( passenger ) pivot due to the plastic bush wearing out ( absolutely disgraceful after only 230,000 miles! )

Unfortunately the main dealers want £123 for a replacement which effectively makes the car a write-off; I have therefore obtained a complete S/H linkage from 24/7 online breakers and this is the sticking point; I suspect if I prise the connecting rod off my S/H linkage, the middle-aged plastic bush will become instantly geriatic and fit as well as the one I currently have, I therefore would like to fit the complete linkage.

The wheel boxes look straightforward enough, if fiddly, but I cannot see how to get to the shaft nut on the wiper motor, is there an access panel behind glovebox or does the motor unbolt & pull forwards? If anyone has taken one of these out and could offer a few tips I would be for ever grateful.
Toyota MK 1 MR2 Quarrelling wipers - Steptoe
What no MR2 wiper linkage experts in the backroom? never mind there is now....said he (flushed with success after only an hour's work)

Incidentally an oft-quoted tip on the MR2 forum was to reassemble the worn joint with a mars bar wrapper to take up the slack....but why a mars bar??
Toyota MK 1 MR2 Quarrelling wipers - Altea Ego
Mars bars are in a plastic/polymer based wrapper. Its also has a lubricant (teflon like) included to prevent the wrapper sticking to the chocolate.

Hence its slippy and quite wear resistant.