What's happening to Rover? - artful dodger {P}
A few weeks ago I read that the Chinese had not made the payment to complete the deal for Rover. Since then I have not read or heard anything to do with Rover. What is the situation?

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to add to the thread.
What's happening to Rover? - Tomo
IIRC the administrators sold it to (or palmed it off on!) another Chinese lot: Nanjing Automobile, I think.
What's happening to Rover? - Stuartli
Latest:

financenews.virgin.net/story/FFF/A1088340112678603...0

www.themanufacturer.com/uk/detail.html?contents_id...0
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
What's happening to Rover? - R40
Sadly what's happening to Rover owners is just as unclear. Despite what was posted on here sometime ago by X Part more and more owners are waiting months for or can't get body parts for their cars and insurers are now starting to look at writing perfectly good vehicles off because of that.

It would be good to hear again from X Part.................

What's happening to Rover? - barneybee
I must say I was suprised to see a brand new rover (unregistered) for £19,999. What's the warranty status on these vehicles, are the dealers footing the bill?

What's happening to Rover? - mare
I did read somewhere that Honda have taken steps (removed equipment or something from the factory) so that no more 45's can be built.

Nanjing are apparently interested in the 25 and 75. I understood that SAIC got the rights to the K engine.

I would've thought that someone could have made something of the TF though.
What's happening to Rover? - IanW1977
Local reports say that a fair few lorries were there yesterday taking away the equipment to be shipped to china.
What's happening to Rover? - Truckosaurus
There was a joke on the satirical www.sniffpetrol.com website about Freelander engines, implying some sort of problem with supply from Powertrain. As I've not been following too closely, does anyone know any details on this?
What's happening to Rover? - Collos25
A friend of mine has had is rover written of by the insurance company althought the damage was quite minimal ,their reason was that they could not gaurantee that the body shop could source all the required parts.I may add that he was more than pleased with the settlement figure
What's happening to Rover? - Collos25
Ford stockpiled these engines for the Freelander and are now sourcincing a different engine for when this supply expires as they use the Fiat diesel engine in the focus which is also in short supply they are having a bit of a problem just lately.
What's happening to Rover? - mare
they use the Fiat diesel engine in the focus which is also in
short supply they are having a bit of a problem just
lately.

Fiat diesel engine in the Focus? Really?
What's happening to Rover? - king arthur
Nanjing has apparently paid the administrators for the parts of Rover they agreed to buy. Lorries have been seen taking away plant equipment from the factory. It is said that this is engine making equipment from Powertrain, plus possibly the old 600 / 800 production line which was stored in the dis-used CAB2 building. Presumably they will also be taking the 25 / 45 production line so they can build Rover 25s for the Chinese market (badged Austin so we hear). The situation with the 75 line and the TF is less clear. AFAIK talks are on-going with GB Sports Cars Ltd who were Nanjing's partner in the bid.
What's happening to Rover? - colinh
...and using imported Chinese workers for the dismantling, rather than locals.
What's happening to Rover? - Quinny100
they use the Fiat diesel engine in the focus which is
also in
>> short supply they are having a bit of a problem
just
>> lately.
>>
Fiat diesel engine in the Focus? Really?

I think you mean the PSA Peugeot-Citroen diesel engines. The problem is not the supply of the engines themselves, but the particle filters that are required to make them Euro IV compliant. Ford have revived the 1.8 TDCi engine from the Focus and managed to make it Euro IV without the need for a filter.
What's happening to Rover? - Altea Ego
Whats Happening to Rover?

In the uk its dead, everyone is standing round the grave and its starting to stink.

You will not see rovers built in the UK.
What's happening to Rover? - daveyK_UK
chances of a nanging re-badged austin 25s built in china appearing in the UK?

20%?

surely a grey / budget market who would snap them up around the 6 grand mark.

if anything they would be more reliable, sourcing a different engine rather than the k series which is owned by there chinese rivals.