Two log books - oldgit
In July my sister bought an almost new (second hand) Ford Fiesta from a large Ford dealer in my area. As is usual in all large motor factors we were told that we would receive the amended Registration Document (log book) in the next few weeks or so.

Well after six weeks we had not received it and several calls to the DVLA and the garage did not get us anywhere as both could not explain why we hadn't received it. We decided, therefore, to get a V92 form from the Post Office and send this together with the 'New Keeper supplement' to the DVLA before the two month period was up otherwise a £20 fee would be payable.
Two more weeks passed and then suddenly a Registration document appeared on our doormat, at last, but surprisingly two days later yet another one appeared and so we have two.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what we should do. Do we keep both or chuck one away or, possibly send one back to the DVLA with a covering letter?

Two log books - Adam {P}
Destroy one of them.

I think the DVLA ask either you destroy one or send it back to them to be destroyed.

Personally, I'd burn it myself. You can't be guaranteed that a) it won't get "lost" in the mail and b) The DVLA won't cock it up.

Why create more hassle for yourself? As long as you get rid, no problem.
--
Adam
Two log books - Hugo {P}
Noooo!

Contact DVLA and explain the situation.

You don't want any problems to occur because you destroyed the wrong one!

H
Two log books - oldgit
Noooo!
Contact DVLA and explain the situation.
You don't want any problems to occur because you destroyed the
wrong one!
H

How do you define the "wrong one" if they look identical - admittedly I've not scrutineered both that closely, yet, but will do so tomorrow and see whether I can detect any differences between the two.
Two log books - Stuartli
...on the other hand, if you happened to lose one.....:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Two log books - Navara Van man
check with the dvla first then burn it.
Two log books - THe Growler
My God what a country! Where you have to burn a document to avoid it getting into the wrong hands.

Two log books - oldgit
Problem resolved!
Contacted the DVLA this morning and was told to look at Section 8 on each document and then at the 'Official Use Only' part, wherein is contained an issuing date. I was told to destroy that Registration Document with the earlier date on it.

Q.E.D

Two log books - Adam {P}
Glad it's sorted.

You've learnt a valuable lesson in life now - Never listen to me.
--
Adam
Two log books - oldgit
Glad it's sorted.
You've learnt a valuable lesson in life now - Never listen
to me.
--
Adam

you meant well, I'm sure (Lol).

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........I wonder what would have happened had I destroyed the wrong Registration Document. Probably nothing until I'd passed the car on to the next garage/owner and then they might have come unstuck................very interesting!
Two log books - Hugo {P}
You've learnt a valuable lesson in life now - Never listen
to me.

...join an orderly queue ;)