Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - bert-j
Yet more confusion over the correct oil for an Accord 2.2i-CTDi diesel.
Honda specify a fully synthetic 0w-30 oil to minimum specification ACEA B1. I bought some Comma Syner-Z fully synthetic 0w-30 to specification ACEA B3/B4 assuming this was correct. I'm now told by Comma that this isn't suitable because this oil is 'only' to spec. B3/B4. Comma even suggests that the correct oil is a 5w-30 semi-synthetic despite Honda's statement in the handbook. I've looked carefully at all the info on this forum and found that B1 is a 'Fuel Economy Diesel' oil and B3 is for 'High Performance and/or extended drain' requirements. Also, I can't find any oil spec. from other manufacturers that combines fully synthetic 0w-30 with B1.
I'd be very grateful for comments.
Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - nortones2
It's not impossible to meet B1 and for example B5 in the same oil. Its a sequence, but there may be complications. An example: "FUCHS TITAN SUPERSYN SL LL PLUS 0W-30
Fully synthetic super high performance fuel economy engine oil for the latest VW and AUDI engines with extended drain periods API SJ/CF, ACEA A5,A1,B5,B1 VW 503.00, 506.00, 506.01"

Suggest you speak to Opie Oils, from where I extracted the info, re correct application. Or Honda UK, if they have a technical person.
Thanks for comments - Honda suggests 'I discuss the matter with my dealer' who seem to know less about oil than I do. I'll certainly look at Opie oils.
Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - wemyss
I suggest contacting Morris oil of Shrewsbury.
They have a wonderful knowledge in which oils for every vehicle and either by ringing or e-mailing will give you information.
The last time I contacted them they even sent service sheets for my vehicle.
tinyurl.co.uk/ao9u
Alvin
Thanks for that. I contacted Morris's as you suggested. Very helpful indeed and they produce what is definitely the correct oil for my Honda. (Multilife 0w-30)
Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - Halmer
What do you think of the car bert please as i am looking closely at one for my next.
Halmer
Quite impressed in some ways. Very comfortable, quiet and fast. Excellent road holding. Quirky, but different styling. No faults,rattles or problems in 3000 miles. Safety features excellent.Equipment levels quite good, excellent climate control but no trip computer or auto locking. However it's fuel consumption is poor compared to a previous pdi Passat. Best was 44mpg, worst 35mpg. Mine's the tourer (estate), good load carrier. No spare wheel as standard; only some tyre inflating goo! I insisted on a 'free' spare wheel (still only a space saver) or no sale. Poor colour options so ended up with the usual silver. Hasn't used much oil but top up oil from the Honda dealer is £15 a litre hence my search for alternatives!Looked also at Mazda 6 and Toyota Avensis estates but not too impressed. Not sure whether I should have waited for the new Passat estate. Hope this helps.
Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - cheddar
I have only had to buy a couple of litres between services for my Mondeo TDCi in 94k miles, I bought a ltr of Castrol and Texaco who both quote the Ford 0W30 spec. However I enquired when the car was in for a service this week when I was charged £30 for 6 ltrs (effectively apprx 60% of the forecourt cost for Castrol if bought in ltrs), the dealer service dept was insistent that their parts dept would be the cheapest source of oil to the full Ford spec.
Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - Halmer
Thanks Bert.

I've noticed that they seem to be a bit sprse on the colours. Blue or Silver. I have a Passat at the moment but would like something a bit quicker but no bigger.
Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - david muench

Hi, I found an interesting article on this topic https://carnesmechanical.com/best-oil-for-honda-accord/ Perhaps this will also be useful to you.

Edited by david muench on 16/10/2019 at 15:28

Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - jc2

Ford oil used to be Texaco-now it's Castrol.My local Ford dealer uses Shell in it's bulk supply.

Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Oil confusion - Ian D
David - maybe reply to recent threads rather than 14 year old ones