Lost MOT Cert - Truckersunite
SWMBO, in her eternal search for tidyness and order in our house has managed to "mislay" the MOT certs for both of our cars. One is due to be taxed today!!!, If she has lost it can you get them re-issued? If you are waiting for it to be re-issued can you still use the car and claim that you have ordered a new cert if stopped by mr plod!! (pretty sure I know the answer to the 2nd question). I have done a forum search but can not find an answer to this question on it.
Lost MOT Cert - Galaxy
If you know the garage that issued the original MOT, and the approximate date of issue, you can go along and get a duplicate. However, I believe there is quite a sizeable fee for this service like about £20.00 so if the time left is very short you might just be better off having a new MOT test, assuming, of course, that your car will pass one, no disrespect intended!

The garage will normally issue the duplicate there and then, so there's not normally a delay.

Since there is an MOT certificate that's valid, but the paper certificate has just been mislaid, then it isn't a matter for plod. If you were stopped, just go immediately and get a duplicate from the issuing garage. Plod won't be interested if it's a duplicate, I don't think.
Lost MOT Cert - Galaxy
Sorry, I've just checked the VOSA website and the fee for a duplicate MOT certificate is £10.00.

Not as bad as I first thought!

www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/carlgvowners/mottesting/motte...4
Lost MOT Cert - Pugugly {P}
The Police won't be bothered as long as you produce a ticket for the date you were stopped within 7 days. Duplicate ticket won't be a worry for them. Roll on the infernal computerization of MoTs so that DVLA and the Police will know at the press of a button that your car is tested and hopefully won't need documentary evidence.
Lost MOT Cert - Adam {P}
Truckers,

I am so glad you made this post.

::Legs it to the Post Office
--
Adam
Lost MOT Cert - Happy Blue!
smug mode on.......

Did mine on-line last week ;-)

.....smug mode off
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Glad to be of service ;oP
Well SWMBO has found the cert for the Renault (it was in one of her many "Filing" piles), She has now gone to her parents house to look for the Honda cert, which is the car that needs taxing today, I hope she finds it or it looks like it will cost her £10!!!!
Lost MOT Cert - Adam {P}
No no no no TU. It never costs her anything.

Never.
--
Adam
This one will, I will deduct £10 from her allowance this week, that will still leave her with £15, should be plenty for the shopping and the bills, what ever she has left over I will probably let her keep and buy her self something special.
Lost MOT Cert - Adam {P}
Ooooh. Controversial.

But wholly fair IMO.
--
Adam