Peugeot 406 - heated seats and cambelt - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi

I have recently acquired a Pug 406 2 litre turbo and am well pleased with the car. There is only one seemingly minor fault... the heated front seats. The controls are by the handbrake, and when I press them they light up but the seats do not get warm. There isnt much information in the handbook, but I was wondering whether or not anyone else has this problem/knows a fix?

I would try and locate the fuse but the manual doesnt list this information... also I was wondering whether or not it is linked to the climate control, i.e. the seats wont get hot unless a high temperature is set on the console.

Additionally, any body know the service interval on the cam belt?

Any help appreciated
TIA.
Peugeot 406 - heated seats and cambelt - BB
Heated seats are usually a pad that sits under the covers, but on top of the foam. As they are both not working, I would say it is a fuse. I don't know anything about where the fuse is located sorry!

If the fuse is ok, there is a connecting block somewhere around the seats (one for each seat) Try locating this block, detaching then reattach again.

Usually, heated seats work independantly of any other feature.
Peugeot 406 - heated seats and cambelt - Chas{P}
Heated seats - these are controlled automatically with a thermostat. Trying them in the middle of August probably means the thermostat is keeping the power off to the actual elements in the seat as the ambient temperature is relatively warm.

Cambelt change interval is 80,000 miles or 8 years whichever is sooner. However, it is the consensus of most contributors in this Back Room forum that changing the cambelt and tensioners more often is highly recommended to avoid a £1,000 plus top end engine rebuild.

Enjoy your new car.