Fiat Ducato Brake Problems - mojomojo
I?ve just changed a rear wheel brake cylinder on my camper van
which hasa Ducato chassis. I?ve bled the brakes through out and get a hard brake peddle with the engine off if I start the engine I loose the brakes. The camper van as stood idle for six years but I have flushed the system out with new brake fluid. Any idea?s why I loose the brakes on staring the engine?
Fiat Ducato Brake Problems - Steptoe
Don?t think that this problem is particularly related to Ducatos, if you are getting a hard pedal straight away with no pumping necessary you have done job properly.

As you probably know is normal for the pedal to go down a bit further with the servo assistance coming in when the engine starts. If the pedal then floors either (a) the extra pressure in system is finding a leak, should be easy to spot as you can crawl around under a ducato while someone trustworthy is pumping the brakes or (b) the servo has gone home and brake fluid is disappearing into vacuum chamber, eventually to appear in the exhaust.

As the van has stood for a while (b) is not unlikely;

PS unrelated to this fault check hand cables are not seized, mine stuck after 5 months standing