Help! Honda Brake Caliper - Mikey Jay
It's the rear brake calipers which have disc brakes. It's a single piston and is the type that you have to press and turn clockwise,(best done with a special tool) to retract the piston if you want to fit new pads. The problem is I had to fit a new one some time ago. Does anyone know if it's possible to muck up the hand brake adjustment on these if you dont set them properly? I get good handbrake efficiency on one side but can't adust the rear n/s caliper h/brake. Handbrake cable appears to move freely on both sides. I seem to remember reading in the replacement caliper instructions that if it it is necessary to turn the piston anticlockwise to take up any slack (ie. on partly worn pads) you should completely unwind the piston anticlockwise first then wind it back in again so that hand brake adjustment is correct. I may have got this wrong as I didn't keep the installation leaflet. The brakes are made by Nissin not NISSAN. If anyone has any info on this type of caliper or could give me some idea of why I have lost adjustment on the n/side caliper I would be grateful. I have adusted the other side ok. This is done by jacking up both rear wheels and setting H/brake to first notch and tightening h'brake cable till disc just starts to bind. Then make sure it turns freely when h/brake is off. I have cleaned and made sure pads are not sticking in their guides etc etc. Many thanks Mikey.
Help! Honda Brake Caliper - Andy P
Which model and what year?

Andy
Help! Honda Brake Caliper - Mikey Jay
Andy,it's a 1990 Prelude 2 litre 12 valve.