Used Honda Jazz prices - machika
I have always thought the prices of used models of the Honda Jazz to be very high, yet when I look at the prices in Parker's guide, they are much lower. I got around to doing this today, because I found a 2004/04 SE CVT priced at £7995 at a local Citroen dealer. This is more like the kind of price I would be prepared to pay but, unfortunately, it had been sold.

I have seen a 2002/52 SE CVT listed on Autotrader, at a Honda dealership, for £8495, when Parkers value it at £6995. This is a big difference. The same dealer has a 2004/04 model for £9695, when Parkers list it at £8665. I also found a privately listed 2003 model listed for £8995, when Parkers lists a 2003/53 at £7425. Is Parkers guide totally out with this car? I had always thought they were criticised for overpricing used cars.
Used Honda Jazz prices - DavidHM
Do a national search on AutoTrader for a Jazz with CVT as the keyword and that 02-52 is the cheapest in the country.

Use automatic as the keyword and you get one 04 that looks anomalous (HPI status perhaps?), an 03 import, an £8k 03 and then the cheapest is £8,395.

In other words, Parkers is just plain wrong on this car. They're not bad as guides go but they tend to average things out so the cheap stuff appears expensive (e.g., Mondeos) and the expensive stuff (e.g., Jazzes) appears cheaper than it is. That's not specific criticism of Parkers but the nature of guides - they do tend to have a sort of flattening effect which the market won't reflect.

(I've seen another online guide value an 02 plate Laguna at £5,500 with 30k and £300 with 120k, for instance, because it tries to compensate for mileage using a very simple algorithm).
Used Honda Jazz prices - Stuartli
Seems you need lots of notes for a Jazz score...:-)

But Honda dealers will almost certainly demand the highest prices, just as for the majority of franchised outlets and whatever marque they represent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Used Honda Jazz prices - machika
£8.5K is a lot of money for a 02 model though.
Used Honda Jazz prices - blue_haddock
As ever parkers is completely off the mark - it just is an accurate guide to prices. I'd love to know where they complie their data from.