cavalier clutch pedal - cavi
hello again, to my suprise i have found something else possibly amiss on my car! aaarrrghhhh!!!! i bet you think i haven't looked at it before i bought it dont you? well i only looked to see if i could find any rust near load bearing areas and made sure it was a good runner. anyway my clutch pedal on my l reg cavalier travels excessively high up towards you if you put your foot behind it and it can stay there. should there be a stop bolt of some kind or a return spring? please tell me its annoying!
cavalier clutch pedal - Number_Cruncher
If I understand your post correctly, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Cavaliers have no upper clutch pedal stop as such. The clutch is adjusted to give either a pedal height or stroke - the light spring on the pedal is there just to keep the cable under slight tension.

I hope that I have not misunderstood your concern.

Number_Cruncher
cavalier clutch pedal - Dynamic Dave
AS NC says - nothing to worry about.

As for it being annoying, remember what the Doctor told the person who said "if I lift my arm it hurts" The doctors reply was "well don't lift it then" !!

At rest the clutch pedal should be marginally higher than the brake pedal. If it's a lot higher, then adjust the cable at the gearbox end.