Intriguing Longbridge observation - Stuartli
Recently moderator Mark RBLS requested information on possible sources for a Rover 75 front bumper spare part.

It gradually emerged that Rover spare parts were becoming more difficult to obtain, although one company did reveal it was continuing to maintain supplies.

However, a letter in today's Daily Mail may well shed some possible light on the subject.

The letter writer alleges that large quantitites of spare parts are being dumped in landfill sites.

I'll quote the first of the two paragraphs letter in full:

"In view of the recent talk of re-starting car production at Longbridge, why are millions of pounds worth of new parts, including whole engines and gearboxes, being cleared from warehouses around the plant and dumped in landfill sites?"

The second paragraph includes a comment about the appalling waste and the writer then queries if the suppliers of some of the parts in question have even been paid?

Of course, as I said, this is an allegation by the letter writer concerned and there may be no truth in what has been suggested.

However, there's an old saying about no smoke without fire...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Intriguing Longbridge observation - Dynamic Dave
Recently moderator Mark RBLS requested information on possible sources for a
Rover 75 front bumper spare part.

Close. Yes, it was someone called Mark, but not the RBLS one ;o)

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=32711
Intriguing Longbridge observation - Ex-Moderator
Thanks for that, I didn't think I did, but I wasn't sure !
Intriguing Longbridge observation - Stuartli
Apologies to Mark...:-)

However, when you get to my age (I'll remember what it is in a minute) the memory can play tricks....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Intriguing Longbridge observation - BB
The administrators at Longbridge have fended off many first tier suppliers asking about how to get there stock back.

Allegedly, you are allowed to go into the cars at Longbridge to retrieve your stock (car seats, screws, consoles etc) if you pay a bond of £10,000. This figure is for each car! Also, you do not get your bond back if you "damage" the car in anyway.

Intriguing Longbridge observation - Colonel Panic
Well, it's illegal to landfill car parts, so I don't see how it can be true. Vehicle end of life directives and all that. They have to be recycled and many parts have to be treated as harmful waste even ehen they aren't.