MOT Computerisation - bikemade3
Why is it when i took my car in yesterday for its MOT which was due begining of August i only got a 12 month ticket.I was expecting 13 months, but due to the test station being compurised i only got 12. Why is this, don't suppose it's got any thing to do with IT and Government.
MOT Computerisation - commerdriver
You can still get the new certificate dated 12 months from the expiry date on the old one even if the new one is computerised. Son got this on his car a couple of weeks ago.
MOT Computerisation - Galaxy
I wasn't aware that MOT computerisation had started yet, though there might be a few stations using it on a trial basis.

They probably didn't add the remaining time from the old MOT certificate because they probably didn't know how to do it with the new system.

Didn't you ask them to add it on? What did they say when you told them they hadn't done it, or did you only notice later when you got home?

The only other thing, I'm not sure whether it's one calendar month or 28 days before the old certificate expires when you can have the new test and get the remainder added on. There wasn't a problem about this aspect, was there?
MOT Computerisation - Jono_99
Father had his car MOT'd at his local MOT centre, which is now computerised. There was no problem (on production of the new certificate) in getting it dated from the expiry date of the present MOT (in effect, up to 13 months).

My understanding is that it is a calendar month, not 28 days that you can get a new certificate before the old one expires.

Be warned - for those of you with older cars - the process took an inordinate amount of time, as his car (a '63 P4 Rover) did not have any information on the central computer. Therefore all the data (weight, CC,....) had to be keyed in at the centre.

Jono
MOT Computerisation - Jono_99
Sorry:

(on production of the PRESENT certificate)
MOT Computerisation - blue_haddock
I took one of my private cars for MOT the other day and they asked me if i had the old certificate so they could give me the extra length.

The failure sheet is a nice simple piece of work - no longer have to try to understand the tester's scrawl that makes a doctors hand writing look neat and no huge oil stains either!
MOT Computerisation - martint123
I've had two MOT's recently one manual and the other a week later computerised. I got both MOT's forward dated by producing the old MOT. You must tell them beforehand that you want them to do it or they will just write (or print) out the form using todays date.

Martin
MOT Computerisation - mfarrow
You must tell them beforehand that you want
them to do it or they will just write (or print)
out the form using todays date.

I always just leave the old certificate on the passenger seat. If they missed that then I wouldn't trust them with an inspection!

--------------
Mike Farrow
MOT Computerisation - Stuartli
The actual wording is "not more than one month" before the expiry of the current certificate.

Presumably that can be 28, 29, 30 or 31 days...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by