1999 Passat - Plenum Drain Holes - IDIY
Does anyone know where the drain holes(s) are in the above vehicle ? - I checked the car today and the plenum chamber is flooded (Car Parked on an angle and water 1cm up on electrical ECU box, halfway up the servo !!) The mats inside the car feel dry so fingers crossed no damage to ECU's. I've had a good look with a torch - I haven't removed the battery but I can't see any evidence of drain holes in either corner are they under the battery ?
Thanks in advance
1999 Passat - Plenum Drain Holes - elekie&a/c doctor
You need to remove the battery & carrier tray to gain access to plenum drain tube.It is a black plastic "rose" about 30mm in diameter,probably blocked with leaves,debris etc.
1999 Passat - Plenum Drain Holes - IDIY
A million thanks - I removed the battery - not for the faint hearted and found the rose which was blocked. A great bit of design by VW I'm surprised that they don't put plimsoll lines on the components in the plenum chamber - it could become part of the service checklist!! Many thanks once again
1999 Passat - Plenum Drain Holes - Alec
Be aware that there are two, equidistant of the centre line. If you know roughly where they are you can clear then with a long screwdriver with no disassembly.
Rgds