Mercedes electric window problem - MW
Mercedes 230E W124 1992. An odd problem with the front passenger electric window. If I open any other window this one opens fully and stays there, the switch then does nothing. If I then turn off the ignition and switch it back on, the window will close on the switch most times. If will always close on the drivers door lock held anticlockwise, which normally closes all windows and the sunroof. The sunroof also has started playing up and often doesn't work when this window is playing up.
One can sometimes hear a clicking noise from inside the door with a 4-5 second gap between clicks. The window itself operates smoothly and normally.
I wondered if disconnecting the battery for 12 hours would clear any elctrical gremlins (as in rebooting a computer??)
Any ideas?
Mercedes electric window problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Lift the rear seat cushion by pressing down on the 2 metal locking tags at front of seat.Then lift the black insulation padding over the nearside rear seat area.Located here is a large multi-function relay that controls the electric windows & roof systems.Check connections /wiring for corrosion & water ingress.If all ok,could be a fault with this controller.
Mercedes electric window problem - MW
I have had a look at this black box that is very dry and looks brand new with all connectors nice and tight and correctly located. Any idea why only one window is affected, as all the rest are working perfectly? Why will it shut on the door key?