Suzuki Ignis and 98Ron Fuel - GolfR_Caravelle_S-Max
Well, back again on the fuel octane issue.
I recently bought a rather good Suzuki Ignis Sport (RRP £10K, from dealers for around £7.5k, bought a 5 week old one with 2K miles for a bargain £5200.. )
Anyway, on looking through the manual (I know. One's no supposed to read the book!) It states that only 98Ron fuel and above is to be used. This is re-iterated on the filler cap.
I've been using Optimax as the only 98Ron fuel around, but now there is a new kid on the block - Tesco super is now 99Ron, and slightly cheaper (86.9p/l in Tesco Extra - Camberley/Blackwater) than Optimax (Around 89.9p/l in Fleet and around 85.9 in Portsmouth).

FYI, I've run my 2004 Punto 1.2 16v on Optimax for the last 7 tanks (5 weeks) and it seems to run more responsivly with the 2 tanks of Tesco 99 I've tried so far..

May be worth a try for some of you lot.

Mods - sorry if this is technical. I guess you'll move it if you so deem.

I guess I should change my name from Alfa_Pug to Ignis_Punto?
Suzuki Ignis and 98Ron Fuel - frazerjp
Ive run my Ford Ka on Optimax continuously for over 6 months & the ka just feels more responsive when i want to overtake & does more miles on a tank!!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Suzuki Ignis and 98Ron Fuel - Tomo
My daughter has been running an Ignis Sport for a year or so. On enquiring, I was told she was feeding it on "ordinary bog standard", which I take it means premium unleaded at best. It has behaved perfectly with no untoward happenings. I just mention this because one can't always obtain these fancy brews conveniently.

It is called Will, from will-o-the-wisp or ignis fatuus.

Great little car!