Toyota Avensis. Sat Nav? - Reggie
My brother has just bought a Toyota Avensis from a car supermarket. It's the T3S model.

He is under the impression that it comes with Sat Nav, but there doesn't appear to be the required screen as shown in the handbook, and unless the Sat Nav disc goes in the CD player slot, there doesn't appear to be a drive for the "Sat Nav disc" that was with the car.

Obviously he hasn't had a very satisfactory handover as it was not from a Toyota dealership. I just wondered if anybody out there knowsbefore he has to pay a visit to a main dealer.

Reggie
Toyota Avensis. Sat Nav? - BB
If it is anything like the old avensis, the sat nav unit should be in the boot, quite easy to see. Also, the last model avensis sometimes used the cd/radio display screen and not always a full screen. It is quite a good system. Traffic alert works quite well for me, but some owners have reported problems with it.
Thanks. I'll get him to have a look there.
Reggie
Toyota Avensis. Sat Nav? - blue_haddock
Never fear the Toyota man is here!

Yes it does have satnav - it's the TNS300 system with electronic traffic avoidance. The satnav display is in the middle of the dash at the top - controls are a series of buttons either side of the central knob.

The DVD player for the Sat Nav system is situated under the passenger seat - you'll need to get on your hands and knees probably to get a good look at it.
Thankyou very much. I will inform him. He had read before purchase that this model did have it and had found the disc for the Sat-Nav but couldn't find the driver.

So are the controls below the display, or do the steering wheel mounted controls have any imput.

Also as I said, in the hand book, it shows a bigger screen than he has got for the Sat-Nav, does this mean that he has the economy version that uses the radio display?

Reggie
Yes the T3-S does have sat nav and manual air con whereas the T3-x has climate control and a few other goodies such as electric folding door mirrorsand rain sensing wipers.

The sat nav is controlled off the buttons below the Sat Nav display on the top of the dash. These buttons also control the trip computer and all it's functions (average speed, average MPG etc) The buttons on the steering wheel control the radio/CD/Cassette player.

He sort of has the economy version - the other version is the full map sat nav which has a bigger screen that is also colour.

Personally i prefer the T3-X myself.

Thanks again.

Reggie
No probs!

If you need any other assistance with it let drop me a line
Toyota Avensis. Sat Nav? - disco46
I've just bought a toyota avensis t4 tourer model complete with sat nav. Can you get the discs for the sat nav with speed cameras on them?
Toyota Avensis. Sat Nav? - Altea Ego
No
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Toyota Avensis. Sat Nav? - anup67
I bought a (54) toyota avensis t-spirit from a dealer, and they supplied me with a sat nav disk which dosn't work, and it didn't come with a sat nav controller, now i have to pay £327.26 to replace them.

The CD-ROM (not dvd) i have is TNS 200, is this the right cd??

is there anywhere i can get those items cheaper????