306 D Turbo facing electric meltdown? - Dan's 306
Thanks to all those who helped with the lack of power on my 306 D Turbo. Have looked at and checked all the thing suggested and I am now kicking out a few extra Bhp. Only got to see the Derv Doctor now for the final touch.

Now to the missus car, problems are:
Valance lights operated by column switch, not functioning
Electrostatic crackle in speakers when turning ignition on
Tempermental clock
Cabin fans not working
Sunroof wont tilt
Dash lights (instrument cluster) flicker.

I think thats all of the problems, Now I know that this sounds like a faulty earth, but where is is located? I have cleaned up what i believe to be two in the engine compartment near the battery tray. This may be of some help for advice, when you push the cigarette lighter in the clock dims and brightens.

Any Ideas?
Thanks Again for previous help and lets see if we can kick this one into touch aswell.
Dan.
306 D Turbo facing electric meltdown? - glowplug
Lots of things there, definately a french car (mines a 405). It could be worth checking out the fuse box, making sure that there's no corrosion, pulling and cleaning all fuses and sockets. A real pain but an easy target. Modern cars have so many connectors in them it could take some real finding.

Steve.
306 D Turbo facing electric meltdown? - solara
Might be worth checking the main harness connection panel (drivers side on bulkhead wall, near corner of the wing).
Just in case someone has beeen playing around with it before, and not sealed it properly. Possibility of water entering there.
Requires allen key to open the hex bolt. Other than that check all the power relays and fuses for good contacts.
Sounds very much like, a poor earth or connector sitting in a pool of water somewhere!
306 D Turbo facing electric meltdown? - J.B.
I don't know if this is relevant but I had an 'L' reg 306 diesel turbo. It had a manufacturer's recall to rectify a "faulty wiring loom". I think it was something to do with various wires being the wrong thickness.