Another DVLA Question - Duchess
How long does it take the DVLA to update their records when notified of a change of ownership?

I sold my old car about 4 weeks ago and sent off the log book the next day with all the necessary bits filled in. Over this weekend, I received the tax reminder to replace the disc at the end of June.

What's rather embarrassing is that the buyer actually raised this when he collected the car. Having assured him that I would send the V5 off immediately so that he got the new documents in time to re-tax the car, it now looks like that hasn't happened.

Is there anything he or I can do to sort this out before the end of the month?

Another DVLA Question - BazzaBear {P}
I suppose, to be sure that no-one gets fined for no tax, you could supply him with that reminder so that he can tax it? Although, the little (green?) slip you provided to him should allow him to tax it anyway.

They've usually replied before 4 weeks though, it might be worth ringing them to be sure it hasn't got lost in the post.
Another DVLA Question - Dynamic Dave
Duchess,

It might be advisable to follow the advice that the DVLA suggest here:-

www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_bb.htm

Just in case your notification to them has got lost in the post.
Another DVLA Question - RichardW
I think it says on the form somewhere words to the effect that they are printed up to 6 weeks in advance, so you may receive one for a car you have sold. I bought a car in the middle of December, got a new V5 before the end of the year, but the tax reminder didn't turn up til mid January. You should get a letter from DVLA telling you that they have updated the records for the car, but again I think they tell you to wait about 6 weeks. Reminds me, I've not had my tax refund yet, but that's only been just over 2 weeks I suppose....
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Another DVLA Question - rtj70
Providing:

- they're not snowed under for some reason
- the V5 was posted to the correct postcode (DVLA have different postcodes for different purposes). Use the wrong one and the paperwork ends up in the wrong part of the building to start with.
- You've written clearly in black ink (they scan all documents and using OCR). Failure to make it clear means the original needs to be retrieved and blue ink doesn't scan the same.

Then it shouldn't have taken 4 weeks. I've seen the various departments work on a tour (when we took over the IT) and they get through a lot of paperwork in no time.

Latest experience of buying a new car was step son's car which took about 3 days to get the paperwork turned around! And I do mean days not weeks. So definately worth chasing up by now.

Rob