Petrol into Diesel Nissan Navarro - Bartbuild
.*********

On trying to restart the engine turns but battery is flat, so wont turn , i have emptied what i can from the various fuel lines but know some has managed to get in

My question now is as I am sat in airport late of course and have 6 hours until next flight , what is chance on my return of starting motor if 1 i add more fuel ie diesel hehe and getting a jump on battery???

All help appreciated as I am sure it wont go down with my employer to well ,

Car is a one year old Nissan Navarro

Yours Muppet
The header seems to have been lost

To recap running late for Plane flight , i have totally lost plot and filled empty tank with unleaded , i managed to get 500 yards up road before vehicle stopped

I have emptied car of unleaded and put in 2 gallons of diesel 1 hour each way hehe

What are chances of this being drivable if i fill to top with diesel
Petrol into Diesel Nissan Navarro - Peter D
There may be more to this than meets the eye. Why is the battery flat on a one year old vehicle. As you sure you have not hydralically locked the engine by having a pot on the compression stroke full of petrol. Test this by sticking in gear 2nd and pusing it to see if it slowly creaps/lunges forwards, if it does no then do not use the starter or a tow as you could bend a con rod. If you have feed and return lines to the tank then a few gallons of diesel should sort the problem. Don't break it !!. Regards Peter
Please expand

The battery was flat cus at first i tried to restart it wasnt sure what was problem ,, then after emptying tank i tried to start and i drained battery becuase i assume now there was an air block or something similar
Petrol into Diesel Nissan Navarro - Dynamic Dave
The header seems to have been lost

You offended the swearfilter. DD. BR Moderator.
It must be very sensitive as I am sure i did not swear hehe as much as i wanted too
Petrol into Diesel Nissan Navarro - Peter D
What's the hehe's for explain or drop them, and have you fixed the problem yet, have you found the primer pump, are you in the RAc or what ever. Peter
Peter thanks for your help no I havent found primer pump as I am not in Uk not back until Tuesday

I am in AA yes but u think I should tell them what I done or should I just ring and say car wont start?

I have emptied all unleaded from tank and have undone all fuel lines for any unleaded to get out to try and prevent as much as possible, however sure i dont know were it has got into etc

But you think it will be bad and cost a small fortune?

Petrol into Diesel Nissan Navarro - doctorchris
Sorry mate but if you have let any petrol get into the injection system of a diesel you will need professional attention to clear the system out and may have done expensive damage.
Best bet is to arrange for a garage to take the car away whilst you are away and fix the car because there is no way it will run when you get home.
Looks like i will find out next week either way , as it appears conflicting statements from previous threads etc , but i tend to think i wont be lucky also ,

Thanks for you help
Just an update for anyone else who may make same mistake,

I got lucky on returning to UK I had arranged to meet a mechanic , who cleared out any remaining petrol in fuel pipes , on refilling with correct Diesel car promptly started and is so far running ok

Many thanks for your help it was appreciated
Petrol into Diesel Nissan Navarro - DL
I have an adapted fuel injection high pressure pump to do this very job, at the roadside if required. Works well and didn't cost a penny to make!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....