Powered two-wheeler? - THe Growler
Is this yet another piece of pernicious PC-speak drummed up by the inflation-proofed pension seat warmers? You have to hand it to hand to these guys, any opportunity to call a rose by any other name in an effort to justify their joyless overpaid non-productive existence.

It's a bike, a motorcycle, a scoot, a ride, some wheels, but a "powered 2-wheeler?"

Seems like the empty suits can't get past the idea of a 1956 Mobylette or a 2-stroke lawnmower as a m odel for the genre. Even the DT has done it in the Motoring column this week with Mr Ash.

It's beer o'clock here. Time to fire up the Hog, lay some rubber and nip down to the pub for a few brews and revisit the real world....
Powered two-wheeler? - cheddar
At least they are not using it as an excuse to percecute bikers by adding the word "over", overpowered two wheelers, this would be too easy for a civil servant who takes his 1.3 Almera to the station every day and spends most of his day twiddling his thumbs, and cannot contemplate the fact that a modern litre sports bike can do 100mph is les than 5 secs, my 7R will do it is less than 6?
Powered two-wheeler? - WhiteTruckMan
Sounds like a consignment of geriatric shoe menders to me.

WTM
Powered two-wheeler? - Arty
What about a powered 2wheeler 2WD.
Powered two-wheeler? - Tomo
" What about a powered 2wheeler 2WD."

Indeed, and with the wheels side by side!
Powered two-wheeler? - Onetap
It could also be a scooter, not a Vespa/Lambretta type, but a stand-up skate-board type thing with a chainsaw type engine. I think they'd use the 'powered 2-wheeler' legaleese phrase so as to include anything that isn't a motorcycle.

I don't suppose you get many scooters in hog land?
Powered two-wheeler? - Robin Reliant
The DVLA still use that quaint term "Motorbicycle", which fell out of general usage around 1890.
Powered two-wheeler? - NowWheels
I guess that "powered two-wheeler" would also include a push bike with an engine, such as this: www.ebikecentral.co.uk/images/shopper/product.htm

Probably not exactly Growler's preferred mode of transport :)
Powered two-wheeler? - THe Growler
Oh yes the scooter market is exploding: KYM, SYMCO, Longshan, Vespa, Chinese unregistered quad bikes, 3 or 4 people on one, no licence no insurance -- people literally don't know you have to have these things and sometimes you get 8 or 9 yr old kids riding. You can pull up at the light and have up to 50 in front of you. But we call 'em scooters. Most all have some sort of upgrade kits: pipes, strobe lights or engine mods to make them noiser.

No it's just that I marvel at the UK propensity for calling a spade anything but. Like "keeper" for example. As though you had a lion in your back garden. Either you own the darn car or you don't. If not who are you "keeping" it for"? East is East etc I guess....:+)

Bah!

Powered two-wheeler? - Arty
www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Yamaha/WR-2trac/Page1.htm