Peugoet 306 D-turbo Intermmitant tacho - smoking motor
This has Probably been answered some where already but can find it?
I have a p-reg 306 D-turbo and the tacho seems to cut in and out when ever it feel like it when it works it read rpm correctly it been like this since june last year. I think It one of three things

The hall sensor need to be taken out and cleaned No idea how to remove the weather cap without damaging it.

The wire from hall sensor has a fualt same problem again

There is a loose earth connecting somewhere in the dash again no idea where this connection is, Evey time you touch the brake the clock autodims.

Or the is a dodgy relay in the tachometer circuit if there is one i have looked in the hayne fairly tail manual to find out info on how to fix these problems to no avail.

Could do with feed back from some one with experienace. I would like to dianosed it first before spending money on an auto electrician.

Also can someone recmended me a good rear wiper blade that clean the whole window inside of missing the top with out streaking.
Triple blade type no idea what they are called though

Cheer for some help if any
Peugoet 306 D-turbo Intermmitant tacho - solara
The intermittent tacho is very likely to be a dodgy inductive pick up sensor, on the flywheel (TDC sensor). This is common on old 306 diesels. Replacement TDC sensor costs about 25 quid from a pug dealer. Make sure you get the right one, as there are different ones for each engine type.
If you want to test it, you will nees an oscilloscope to check the pulse output (in the order of millVolts).
Replacing it is fairly easy, if you have access underneath eg pit or hydraulic ramp. Simple 3-pin plug connector near fuel filter area.
Bend your wiper blade to shape, so it fits snug up the top. Rear windscreen is not flat, so bend it to fit.