Insurance payout - Archie
I had my bangernomics Nova stolen on Friday and later recovered from the local ford. It will obviously be a write off but I'd like some advice regarding the payout as it was comprehensively insured. Ive done a site h but cannot find the topic so I apologise in advance.
The insurers have asked for the documents to be sent to them Do I compromise my position by sending them in advance of an agreed settlement? I also think I've seen a previous poster state that the insurers have to pay out to put you back in the position that you were in before the claim, rather than accept a strict valuation of your car. Has anyone tried this and succeeded? Finally should I cancel the balance of my policy, which expires in December as I sahll be using my other car for the foreseeable future? Would be grateful for any advice.
Insurance payout - PR {P}
Hi, they will need your documentation so they can form an offer, ie service history, MOT, V5 etc.. Ive recently had to send this info in.
As far as their valuation goes, if you think it is too low you need to prove to them why it is, eg send them adverts of similar cars to yours as evidence.
As for cancelling your policy, beware, some companies (mine included) will cancel it anyway and KEEP your premium, so read the small print carefully
Insurance payout - martint123
ISTR discussions around "reinstating you to the position you were in" were in respect of claiming from the other persons insurance.
Insurance payout - borasport20
ISTR discussions around "reinstating you to the position you were in"
were in respect of claiming from the other persons insurance.

Somehow I doubt that whoever stole Archies' car and dumped it in a Ford is going to come back with their insurance details.....
Insurance payout - martint123
Somehow I doubt that whoever stole Archies' car and dumped it in a Ford is going to come back with their insurance details.....

Exactly - thats why it won't be 'reinstating to the position you were in'.

Insurance payout - PR {P}
I was under the impression its regardless of fault? I recently recieved an offer from my insurance company from an incident I had in the snow. No one else was involved. I rang them to say I thought the settlement was insufficient to replace my vehicle like for like. They said to send them evidence, ie adverts to show that they'd offered insufficient.(No mention of it was your fault so thats it)
Insurance payout - L'escargot
Somehow I doubt that whoever stole Archies' car and dumped it
in a Ford is going to come back with their insurance
details.....

Woe betides anyone who ever dumps anything in my Ford!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Insurance payout - Dalglish
>>Ive done a site h but cannot find the
topic so I apologise in advance.

you probably did not try hard enough.

1. use the "forum search" on the right.
2. search in "message body" for "insurance valuation" or "write-off valuation" or "insurance write off valuation" specifying "dalglish" as the author.

good reading.

Insurance payout - MichaelR
Is it worth claiming? I cannot imagine any Nova being worth more than £200 but I can imagine plenty of cases where a claim results in an increase in insurance over the next few years of more than that! Plus, after the excess, will you get anything back at all?